Not just a cliche': I love my chickens!

arenea74

Songster
8 Years
Feb 12, 2011
I worked a crappy nightshift and was late leaving for home. The I-5 commute was the typical headache. There was a half marathon taking up most of my city and the cops would not let me turn down my street to get home. I was in tears and in a fury. I has hoping my DBF was still in bed because I felt so tired and angry. I didn't want to take my meanness out on him.

I finally get home and do my usual routine of feed the dog and chickens before going to bed. I opened the back door and my yorkie and all 6 chickens met me. The yorkie is so hyper and I was not in the mood to deal with her. I figured the chickens were at my feet because they were hungry and all they want is food. I got to their feeder and they had food! They didn't want food. I sat down on a rock and petted them as they came up to me. My yorkie was busy chewing on a bone and not so interested in me anymore (independent little cuss). It just ment so much to me that these 6 birds have so much trust and interest in me. The ugly mood and fury left and I felt at peace. I was almost in tears of happiness! I went to bed calm and slept like a baby. Maybe it was hormonal PMS but I'm just amazed at how these guys have come to mean so much to me. I figured my fellow BYC'ers would understand.

That is awesome ! Chicken therapy
love.gif

Isn't it nice to have someone want to see you just because they missed you?

My gang is always glad to see me, and can't wait to perch on my arms.

57171_dscn1933.jpg

It's funny I came across this thread. I've had a pretty crappy week and it seems the only thing that makes me happy is the time I get to spend outside with the chickens in the peace and quiet even if I'm cleaning the poop out of the boxes. Funny how that can happen isn't it??
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom