Not lockdown yet but chicks pipped...

HopMomma

Chirping
Nov 9, 2020
I have 24 eggs ready for lockdown tonight at 7pm. I get home from work at 1pm to get the egg turner out and humidity up to find 2 chicks already broke a hole. Now what? They are still in the turner. I've turned it off but what do I do?

I'm on day 18th day, little giant with circulated air.
Im afraid if I open it to remove the turner and place them on the tray the 2 that have pipped will be shrink wrapped? Also wont me placing them in a different position hurt their progress??

I have 24 eggs ready for lockdown tonight at 7pm. I get home from work at 1pm to get the egg turner out and humidity up to find 2 chicks already broke a hole. Now what? They are still in the turner. I've turned it off but what do I do?
Take the turner out.

Take the turner out.
So I wont shrink wrap the ones who have broke a hole? Also what position do I put them in now that they have a hole through? I cant candle the rest now can I? Just hope they are all still alive and ready to hatch??? 😯😫

Im afraid if I open it to remove the turner and place them on the tray the 2 that have pipped will be shrink wrapped? Also wont me placing them in a different position hurt their progress??
Shrink wrapping doesn't happen immediately after opening the incubator. Takes several hours with little to no humidity to cause that.

Position won't matter, just lay them down.
Drying out the pips might be an issue, move fast.
Not so much an issue if you can get humidity back up fast.
LG turner is rife for chicks getting stuck.

So I wont shrink wrap the ones who have broke a hole? Also what position do I put them in now that they have a hole through? I cant candle the rest now can I? Just hope they are all still alive and ready to hatch??? 😯😫
I do not think so. If they do not progress and peeps get farther apart help the chick buy making a breathing hole from the pip.

Back
Top Bottom