1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NOT MOVING AFTER ROMOVING AN EGG PLZ HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Keni*Sue, May 8, 2009.

1. Keni*Sue

Keni*Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    Campobello
    i have a grey hen that was egg bound and i helped her get it out. this was about 7:00 pm yesterday... its now almost 12 and it has been 17 hours and she still hasnt moved. About 30 minutes ago I gave her some yogurt which she seemed to enjoy, but didnt give her much bc it strawberry cheesecake and i know plain is best, i also gave her some sugar watter. She hasnt moved ever since yesterday and im not sure whats goin on or what i should do:/!!! If someone could please help my email is [email protected]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If the egg is out, put her in a darkened area with water and feed within reach. Let her rest.

Did the egg break when you helped it out?

3. Keni*Sue

May 8, 2009
    Campobello
    no the egg came out whole with just a little help!

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Do you have her in the dark?? She needs to be in the dark for a few days to stop her producing more eggs... I would say it is traumatizing, so she probably needs some time to recoup.. Good Luck

5. Keni*Sue

May 8, 2009
    Campobello
    she is in my bed room in a box on some towels but i do have a bay window in my room so there is some light... should i put her in my closet??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by