Not my first egg but my first green egg of the bunch

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by poodlepill, Jul 30, 2010.

1. poodlepill

poodlepill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    What a surprise when I went out to collect my 3-4 brown egg's to find one green one from one of my 8, 18 week old EE's. I have no idea who the little sneaker was but I have a suspicion about 2 of them (got pretty red faces now compared to the others) but there has been no squatting and no attention from the 2 Roo's other than some casual wing dance from them.

It is a decent size too.

Yay ME!

2. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

whoo hoo!!!! I got my first egg today! We're in da money. [​IMG] Congrats on your green egg!

[​IMG] Melissa

3. poodlepill

Feb 27, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    YAY for you too Melissa,

So far my 4 that are laying are keeping me in eggs.....haven't bought any and now my new green egg from an 18 week old YAY.

I Have 2 more 22 week old brown layers to ramp up. The rest are 18 week old's, two white egg layers (Polish) and 7 more EE's to start up

4. MoSo

MoSo In the Wild Plum Yonder

Alas, all 3 of my EEs lay brown eggs. One of them has yet to lay a hard-shelled egg (but she's only laid about 3 eggs so far).

5. poodlepill

Feb 27, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    MoSo, this first green egg is perfectly shaped and rather decent size for a 1st egg, not expected at all. I do have some free choice oyster shells in the coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by