Not new, but hello anyway!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BantamLover21, Nov 18, 2015.

1. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG]Hello everyone! [​IMG]

I've been on BYC for about two years, but I never introduced myself. However, in order to enter the 1 million threads contest, I have to give an introduction. So here it goes:

I've been raising chickens for nearly five years, since I got my first four backyard hens from McMurray Hatchery in April 2011. Since then, my poultry involvement has grown. Now, I still have my original backyard hens, but I also raise, breed, and show quality White Wyandotte bantams and Light Brown Dutch bantams.

On BYC, you'll usually find me in the What Breed or Gender is This? section, though I occasionally stray to the emergencies, incubation, and introduction forums. I enjoy promoting poultry and helping members, old and new, solve flock problems.

Well, that's about it for now. I'm currently working on a BYC member interview, so you'll hear more about me in that. [​IMG] Thanks BYC for being such a great place to learn and help others! And welcome new members! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome (formally) to BYC. Glad you decided to (formally) join our flock. :eek:) I would direct you to our Learning Center, but in your case that would be like directing a duck to the pond next to its nest. o) Seriously though, you've helped a lot of members with your posts and have been a real credit to BYC. Thanks.

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Michael said it best...you're a great help to other members and I enjoy your posts. Looking forward to that member interview!

P.S. Good luck with the contest.

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi there :frow

Nice intro ;) I enjoy your posts too :thumbsup Your a very helpful member of our community.

Looking forward to your interview and getting to know more about you.

Good luck in the contest :fl

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Great that you finally have an intro!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you made it official, good luck with the contest.

7. Chookepie

Chookepie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2015
    Queensland, Australia
    Hello flock member [​IMG]

8. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by