Not new, but temporarly chicken less re-intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by conny63malies, Sep 28, 2011.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Hi i am Connie. Army wife for 10 years , mom of three, former illegal poultry wrangler and chickenless since 09. If everything goes well my husband will retire next year and we will move where chickens will be legal . Prob somewhere London or Corbin Ky. So i deceided to start up my chicken love again. Right now i am in the stage of coop planning, research breeds, and more planning the coops. My youngest has not given up on her five year quest to get a pot belly pig. Sammie still asks for a real pig for christmas and birthday. I also would love to get a mini cow, maybe a zebu, mini jersey or scotish highland cattle.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello Connie from a fellow Kansan! [​IMG] And a geographically close one at that!! I live real close by on the north end of Milford Lake!! Best of luck getting back into the chicken game and getting those other critters as well!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  3. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Best of luck with your re-entry!

(BTW, Zebus are AWESOME!) [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Is Milford lake still off limits because of the algae?

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Not off limits (any more than it ever was) but the advisory is still out - use at your own risk, don't get in the water, let your dogs drink, etc. I am itching to get fishing, I know that - I am going but will just be careful. I think all the ramps are open - the Military one over by Wakefield that I use is open I know.

6. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    My husband pulled a sturgeon out of a local river recently. They are not even supposed to be anywhere close. They took pics and threw it back. I need to go out sometimes. I like Cameron Springs right here on post, even if i dontcatch anything i still might see the beavers work on their dam.

7. Coop10X

Coop10X Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2011
    Ahwatukee
    ".....illegal poultry wrangler and chickenless"

I can relate...I'm hiding [​IMG] in suburbia S. South Phoenix. I feel like such a rebel. Time to fill the chickenless coop!

Regards, Coop.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  8. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I had a few muscovies in Youngstown Ohio along with a banty hen or two. People were more scared of the scoives than some other peoples pit bulls. Now we live on a army post where poultry is totally illegal.

9. Nmarine1057

Nmarine1057 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Byhalia Ms
    [​IMG] from Mississippi_ Good to have you this forum is filled with great knowledge and patient friendly folks!!

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by