Not On My Watch, Trash Panda.

MrsAuberry00

Songster
Apr 30, 2017
Southern Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
As is my usual, I went out first thing this morning to scoop the poop from the coop, (I love rhyming,) and my stomach dropped to my feet, (I forgot to put my belt on. Okay, for real now,) there were signs that something had tried digging under the kennel during the night. Luckily it failed, but I was afraid of what might happen tonight, and of course, this crap only happens when my husband is out of town. I had a full day of work scheduled and didn't know what I was going to do to protect my chickens. Someone heard my prayers, maybe The Great Chicken, and my supervisor called to tell me that my morning client had canceled. Providence! I speed Googled how to predator proof your coop and find my answer with The Poor Man's Skirt. I then spent four hours cutting, bleeding, zip tying, sweating, pinning, bleeding, hauling rocks, praying to finish, crawling through chicken poop, bleeding, sweating, and finally finishing! I was stumped about how to do the entrance area so for the time being, I moved the bricks that had been at the back wall of the kennel and placed them at the front as a temporary deterrent, (hopefully.)
Eventually when The Great Chicken blesses me with money filled eggs, I want to continue the rock I placed under the coop around each side to make it more aesthetically pleasing. I welcome all suggestions.
Now what, Trash Panda... Come at me bro! Actually, don't, and keep your little raccoon butts away from my chickens! Don't MAKE me get the hose!
IMG_20170724_124148.jpg
IMG_20170724_124206.jpg
IMG_20170724_124135.jpg
IMG_20170724_124233.jpg

Back
Top Bottom