(not quite) red with white breast bantam? pic added

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NicoleRM, Jan 12, 2008.

1. NicoleRM

NicoleRM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2007
    Williston, FL
    Are there any bantam breeds that are dark red with a white breast? I have a couple birds form my bantam assortment from Ideal that are feathering out like this. If I can find my darn camera cord I'll post a pic!

So I found the camera cord! By the way, when I said "red" I guess I actually meant "brown and red and black"? Funny how you remember things differently than they are! [​IMG] LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any new guesses with the real description and pics?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Hmm.. I don't really know breeds well enough, but hopefully some experts can chime it [​IMG]

Have you checked www.feathersite.com? Lots of terrific photos there.

Meghan

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Perhaps they could be Red Pyle OEG or MGB?

4. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    How about millie fleur old english game bantams?

They are colored similiar to some Speckled Sussex I had, so I think they will end up colored like that, but looks like an OEGB.

Red pyle are usually cream colored as chicks, with reddish coloring near the face, if I remember correctly.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The white chest will probably disappear under darker feathers as it matures. Looks alot like the SS chicks I hatched did as youngsters.

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I agree Cynthia, Speckled Sussex! It looks just like mine did too!

7. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    They're probably spangled oegb

the spangled pattern is very similar to the speckled sussex and Ideal carries them

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It could be several breeds that are patterned like the SS, but that white chest will definitely disappear soon. Cute little thing! Oops, I just noticed that it has yellow legs! So, not a Speckled Sussex, but a similar feather pattern.

9. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    You are right Banty, I had messed up what they call that color pattern in OEGB, spangled OEGB it is.

10. NicoleRM

NicoleRM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2007
    Williston, FL
    Thanks guys for all the guesses! I think quite a few of my birdies from the bantam assortment are some form of OEGB.

This one in particular has some sort of neurological problems. Her head cocks to the side most of the time, and when she gets excited, can only run in circles. She gets around very well, however, and quickly became the favorite around here. The other birds don't even seem to pick on her, even though she is a little smaller than most of them, not to mention a little "off." [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by