not really an ER but cat cat a young wild bird....(update)

cheapcheap_jeepjeep

Songster
12 Years
Mar 12, 2007
Villa Grove
it has most of it feathers and can fly about a foot off the ground only.. It is a brownish with orangishyellow underbelly. when I picked it up it cried and opened it mouth to eat. So ..... i only have bird seed or layer feed.

Any ideas?

I will get a pic soon

UPDATE sorry to get everyone looking at my small minor thing

I took the baby outside with to get pics and its cried and mom ( I have never seen a robin acrt like this) tried to attack me. and the baby did the run fly thing into the corn field I guess the cats will be in the house for the day!!

Thanks anyway I know I can always count on you all to try and help.

Last edited:
I would not feed it seed because baby birds need protein(sp). You could go to the pet store and get the baby bird food used to hand raise cockatiels and such. That should work. But I would also look around and see if mama bird is near by. She would be the best one to raise the little wild one.

I was gonna say that the baby sounded like a fledgling Robin. They're insect eaters, so a nice frappe of mealworms would be lovely for it...
So glad to hear that momma came back for it.
jumpy.gif

WEll it was at the front door where all the grasshoppers and crickets are and I hink mom was giving teaching class to him on eating and flying.

Last edited:
I so often have ppl bring me birds around this age...they mistakenly think the mother will no longer care for them...on a very rare occasion I have been able to reunite the mamma and baby (she will care for it even if you have held ) but not often.... I think that is the best you can do now is to keep the cats in the house for a few days...the momma will hear its cries and if no preds get to it then it will have a chance...

well I would not have mesed with but the had it. he never bothers the chickens they peck back and he now know. (thoses bird things will kick my @ss) I only wondered cause the kids were still here waiting for the bus. I went out a bit ago and no juv bird or momma hope momma took it back.

Back
Top Bottom