Not really duck related but need some fingers crossed for me!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by missmaryb, Apr 20, 2011.

1. missmaryb

missmaryb In the Brooder

Feb 18, 2011
    North Port, Fl
    My hubby and I have been looking for a new, bigger place for us, the kids, the dog and the ducks (thinking about adding chickens and goats too LoL)....we were offered a place with some acerage (already fenced in), a coop already built, and a barn that would be just PERFECT for us. Lots of room for the ducks!!!! Problem is there is another man looking at it, an investor that probably intends to just knock it down and put up some condos like everyone else in the area is doing. We want this house sooooo badly! We will know by tommorrow night if we get it or not....please please keep your fingers and little webbed toes crossed for us!!!

2. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Songster

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    [​IMG] for you!

3. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Songster

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Hey there neighbor! Anytime we Floridians can avoid yet another condo tower going up, it's a good thing! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

[​IMG]

4. missmaryb

missmaryb In the Brooder

Feb 18, 2011
    North Port, Fl
    You said it! It's getting a little bit rediculous I think, wonder what happened to good old fashioned country living??? I miss it.

5. Emmalion

Emmalion Songster

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    It would be great if you were able to state your intentions with the land to the seller. They might just be one of them types of people that don't want to see it made into condos. Ya never know. [​IMG]

6. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Apr 16, 2011
    Pinallas Park, Florida
    Would much reather a place like that to go to a good deserving family then have condos built on it. lol

Good luck and hope you get it [​IMG]

7. missmaryb

missmaryb In the Brooder

Feb 18, 2011
    North Port, Fl
    Oh I already have...the man that owns it owns several houses outright and has been renting them but has tired pretty quickly of dealing with tenants. I didn't want to seem too eager but he does know that the land would actually be used not developed on. He's asking the other potential buyer for over $100,000 MORE than what he is asking from me and they are squabbling over figures right now, hopefully it's enough to make him move on.

8. missmaryb

missmaryb In the Brooder

Feb 18, 2011
    North Port, Fl
    Thank you everybody for the good luck wishes!!!

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Oh wow good luck let us know how it goes!!! [​IMG]

10. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Songster

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    [​IMG] Praying that it all works out for you. I love my home but would love to move to a more secluded, bigger area. I can't, but it would be nice to know someone who was able to do so. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: