Not realy chicken related but....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by blue fire, Jun 11, 2008.

1. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I am supposed to house sit for my grandparents this week, so I come in the house today and it smells like skunk!!!! What should I do???!!!! [​IMG]

2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Is this a new smell? I assuming it is. I would open up the house as much as possible and see if it was just from a skunk passing through.

3. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    it is just the inside of the house not the outside

4. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* It's probably coming up from under the house. (I hope!!!) Buy some Fabreze and see if it helps. Might start in the worse affected room, spray hard and close it up temporarily to let it work-- just to see if it WILL work for you at all. Never used it for skunk. . . . .Yet.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  5. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    s6bee, you were right, I was realy worried there for a while, but the smell went away. It would be awful for my Grand parents to come back from there trip to the smell of skunk in their house!

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    When my house smells like skunk, it means it's time to break out the Dr. Scholls miracle foot spray and chase my daughter around the couch a couple times.

How can someone so cute and sweet and wonderful have feet that smell SOOO BADDD???? [​IMG]

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by