Not receiving email notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christie Rhae

Songster
9 Years
Jul 5, 2010
Big Island, Hawaii
I am not getting emails when someone posts in a thread I am subscribed to. I checked my spam folder and they are not there. When I check the site there are new posts to my subscribed threads but I did not get notified.
Help?

At the top of your page, click profile then edit community profile and see what your settings are. When you are in a topic this setting will be the default, but you can change it for that thread. You can also choose your default if you click on subscriptions at the upper right of the page.

I have mine set in my profile for don't subscribe, because otherwise I automatically get subscribed to every topic I look at. When I want to subscribe to a topic, I have to click "subscribe" in the topic, then it gives me a choice for site only, or for several choices of email notification.

Hope this solves it for you.

I have found the MOST useful way to manage subscriptions is by clicking on the word "Subscriptions" that appears in the upper right part of every BYC screen, beside search, right underneath your user name and Messages, just below the tab bar.

I have found the MOST useful way to manage subscriptions is by clicking on the word "Subscriptions" that appears in the upper right part of every BYC screen, beside search, right underneath your user name and Messages, just below the tab bar.

I know HOW to manage them. The thing is..... the ones I have chosen to receive "immediate" notifications on, I am not getting email alerts to in a timely fashion. Often times, it is a day later.

Quote:

I was actually responding to the OP but in addition to the email notifications, I have www.backyardchickens.com bookmarked. When I click on that, it provides a list of my subscriptions with new activity marked on the left - it even tells me how many new posts!! I check for updates that way as well, especially if I haven't had an email in awhile.
big_smile.png

I'm sort of assuming the sometimes slow email notifications are part of the upgrade - getting things up and running. I imagine things will improve as the bugs are worked through.

I have my subscriptions set for "Emmediatly" and have been getting the email notifications all along but ever since Sunday I have not got a email. I have not changed any settings.

Last edited:
hu.gif
Well I pm-ed Nifty-Chicken but was told I ought to post my question on the public forum. lol! So now it is up to you fine folks to help me with this problem.
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom