Not Roosting

BanjosLaughter

Chirping
Apr 24, 2019
Central Ohio
Good afternoon fellow Chicken lovers:

I have a question: I added two roosts for the girls in their coop. I made them out of 2x1's. They have the same size roost outside and use it all the time. However, they refuse to use the ones inside the coop. They just huddle all together against one of the walls, sometimes two of them will sleep in one of the three nesting boxes. They are just over 4 months old. I don't know how or if I should be encouraging them to roost. The coop itself is off the ground. The floor of their coop is covered with about 1/4 in of PDZ which I scoop each morning.

Thoughts?

Good afternoon fellow Chicken lovers:

I have a question: I added two roosts for the girls in their coop. I made them out of 2x1's. They have the same size roost outside and use it all the time. However, they refuse to use the ones inside the coop. They just huddle all together against one of the walls, sometimes two of them will sleep in one of the three nesting boxes. They are just over 4 months old. I don't know how or if I should be encouraging them to roost. The coop itself is off the ground. The floor of their coop is covered with about 1/4 in of PDZ which I scoop each morning.

Thoughts?
Can you post pictures of your coop interior and exterior?

Back
Top Bottom