not so patient

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickenprincess92, Jul 12, 2010.

1. chickenprincess92

chickenprincess92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    I have 15, 14, and 12 week old chickens and the oldest isnt laying.[​IMG] Is that normal for them to lay later. My dad hasnt built the nesting box yet oops so i guess its good she isnt laying. I just wanted to see what age different chicken owners experienced there chickens laying at. Scrambled eggs have never sounded so good. [​IMG] yum

Thanks

12 year old daugter of elizebeth and jason sister of caroline (age eight) who shares this acount with me [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] Yes, laying can be variable. Give them a little more times.
    What kind do you have?

3. Liana

Liana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Southern NH
    It is possible for hens to start laying at 15 weeks, but oftentimes they start later, 20 weeks is not unusual. Some of it depends on what breeds you have.

4. chickenprincess92

chickenprincess92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    I have an ameracuana, easter egger, buff orp, red laced wyendott, and a golden laced wyendott. [​IMG]

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    If its hot where you live it could take a little longer for them to start, too. Heat can really slow them down, since it takes their energy panting and trying to keep cool.

I'd give them at least 20 weeks since none of yours sound like production breeds.

6. EE lover:)

EE lover:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    North Carolina
    im not exactly sure but yes its kinda variable [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by