not 'sposed to be like this!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sewingca, Jan 3, 2010.

1. sewingca

sewingca Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    This is Florida - frozen fountain amoung the green grass (oh, er, weeds). And in the middle of the day! We are expecting freezing temperatures all week. brrr

[​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Sounds a lot like Central Virginia. Stupid wind-chill!

[​IMG]

3. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    I'm in Maine, shoveling out.................
    Sorry no sympathy here [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow. FLORIDA????? Seems like everyone is getting a taste of the cold temperatures.

5. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    -20 wind chill here last night. But I got a new boiler so we have heat this year. woo hooo.

I also have 2 lil girls with high temps at the moment... try sittin in the middle of that. whew...hot.

6. trulefty

trulefty Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2009
    Magnolia, Ms
    It's that "Global Warming" thing........[​IMG]

7. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    very cold here last night...so un Florida...I am housebreaking a new puppy and when I was out with her at midnight before tucking her in, we passed the goose yard and they were in the pool honking and having a wonderful time...there was ice on all the pools and water pots this a.m.. The dogs were playing hockey, the chickens were looking befuddled at the hard water and the ducks and geese were swimming having kept there water supply from solidifying...they all crack me up...but everyone made it through the night okay...even the silly rooster who sleeps alone on top of the coop...I worry about him but that is where he wants to be no matter how many times I put him inside on the roost with the others...go figger...

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

lol

I may be able to go ice skating by the end of the week. Got 2 inches of ice now an is going to just get colder. On an up note, it will help with the bug population this year.

9. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Yep, temp will be colder were its warm, and hotter near the poles.

10. dappertophatter

dappertophatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    The Jersey Shore
    [​IMG]

How can that happen and your grass not be blasted and brown?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by