1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not sure if site or me have problem

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by s6bee, Feb 9, 2008.

1. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Ok, I have been trying to start a new post, not reply to one but start a new one, and I hand't been able to find it like I usually can till I came to this forum. I'll check again, but the icon to start a new topic doesn't show up anywhere else on the site other than here? Is this me or the website? Has it moved, am I blind???

Stephanie

ps-I'll reply if I find it.

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I had that same problem. I switched different internet borwsers though. My firefox would not let me reply or start new topic but epiphany lets me

3. s6bee

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Is this just recently? I still can't find the icon to start new. I know my hubby won't want to change servers. Mabye the moderators will have an answer.

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    That's odd. There should be a "Post New Topic" button at the right of each forum. I will go take a look at all of them and get back here to let you know what I find.

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I see all the button that are supposed to be there. What browser are you using?

You can find your posts by clicking "show your posts" at the bottom of the main page.

6. RepoBob

RepoBob Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    If you switch browsers you need to reenter your login info, at least the first time. Saving passwords is a browser function:)

Bob

7. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    to expand a little on what RepoBob said, which may well in fact BE your problem, look and see where it says whether you're logged in. (about an inch below the boldfaced "BackYradChickens Forum" in the upper left corner of the page).

If not, then there ya go [​IMG]

Pat

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I'm confused.... how did you start this new topic without the button to do so? Or are you saying it is only available in this specific section of the site?

When you are on the page that you expect to see the login info and it isn't there I suggest you look at the top bar and see if it says "login". If if says "logout" then you are logged in and should definitely see the "Post new topic" button.

One quick footnote: If you are logged into the forum but came to the forum from another location, like Google or a link from another site, your cookies may have been modified and you may not be logged in. If this happens, just login again or go to your bookmarked BYC link (everyone has BYC bookmarked, right!?)

[​IMG]

9. s6bee

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    I was logged on, but the "start new topic" button I only found on that particular forum. however, now I see it, so I'm not sure if it was a problem with my server or what?? For me it's all fixed.

Thanks guys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by