Not sure if this the right forum... temp acclimating question...

BekahsChicks

Chirping
Oct 15, 2016
Speedwell Virginia
Regarding temp acclimation I've had my hen in my bathroom for the last 2.5 days getting some extra tlc, I feel she's ready to rejoin the flock but I worry she's gotten used to 60ish temps. It's in the mid to high 40s today and no freezing expected over night for at least the next week... right now I have her back in the mud room as it's not temp controlled but due to sun in the windows it is probably in the 50s.. should I leave her in the mid room today/tonight then let her rejoin the flock tomorrow or do you think she can go out today...

Regarding temp acclimation I've had my hen in my bathroom for the last 2.5 days getting some extra tlc, I feel she's ready to rejoin the flock but I worry she's gotten used to 60ish temps. It's in the mid to high 40s today and no freezing expected over night for at least the next week... right now I have her back in the mud room as it's not temp controlled but due to sun in the windows it is probably in the 50s.. should I leave her in the mid room today/tonight then let her rejoin the flock tomorrow or do you think she can go out today...
She can go back out....She had all the feathers a week ago to with stand her conditions....

Watch though, the others might attack her being she was gone for a week....Pecking order is strong in Chickens...

Cheers!

She can go back out....She had all the feathers a week ago to with stand her conditions....

Watch though, the others might attack her being she was gone for a week....Pecking order is strong in Chickens...

Cheers!

Ya she's about 18 mths old was just worried about the quick change in temp.. we ended up putting her out in the "baby/newbie" run and they all came and visited through the fence for a few minutes then continued on to their favorite foraging spot and she just went about her merry way enjoying all the collard greens/scratch/boiled egg buffet that I set in front of her lol so far so good!

She will do fine.......

Cheers!

Yep our rooster Cogburn was very happy to have her back and vise versa! She practically glued herself to him lol and he just danced around for like 5 minutes:) was a happy reunion

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom