1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ftfarmer22, Apr 14, 2016.

1. ftfarmer22

ftfarmer22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    Hello! I decided to start another thread on helping all you back yard chicken farmers determine the sex of your chicken.
    I know it can sometimes be super tricky to identify gender in chicks, so that's why we made this thread! No need to start your own thread, just hop on here and share a picture of your chick, making sure it's at least 4 weeks old before asking gender. Me and @Jetblack2004 are almost 100% on genders for chicks 4 weeks+.
    So feel free to ask lots of questions regarding gender. We do NOT identify breeds, only gender. However, if anyone out there is good at identifying breeds, please let us know, we would love to have your help!

Thanks!

-ftfarmer22

2. ellefisher

ellefisher Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2016
    Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm very sorry for little homeless raggedy's looks. I threw rocks at a hawk to save his life today. It can't see very good both eyes are black and it's missing a fairly large chunk of skin/feathers on back of it's neck

Beatrice&Maple and The Angry Hen like this.
  3. Cage10

Cage10 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2015
    Live Oak, Florida
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 week old Easter egger, what do you think?

Sarahchickenlover and NFlaFlocks like this.
  4. ftfarmer22

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    That's a pullet. I am so sorry about the hawk attack, and good job saving her life!

5. ftfarmer22

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    Looks like a pullet! :)

3 people like this.
  6. alsarve01

alsarve01 New Egg

May 22, 2015
    [​IMG] [​IMG] these 2 pics are of the same 4wk old Welsummer [​IMG] this is my other Welsummer. I know the last picture isn't the best shot. Any thoughts on gender?

7. mstee

mstee Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2015
    Started my own thread but just saw this one! Sorry. I'll add my pics here as well. 6 week old bantams [​IMG]

8. ftfarmer22

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    First one roo, second one I'm not 100% but I'm thinking pullet.. Could you post a better photo of #2's comb and wattle? Thanks! :)

1 person likes this.
  9. ftfarmer22

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    The middle one is a pullet, and the other 2 are roosters. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. alsarve01

alsarve01 New Egg

May 22, 2015
    [​IMG] [​IMG] pretty sure both these pics are of the 2nd chick. So disappointed I ended up w at least one roo. Grrr

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by