Not sure my Ancona is an Ancona...What do you think?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Funsizeracing, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Funsizeracing

Funsizeracing Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    [​IMG]

The hatchery told me she was an Ancona. After looking at pictures found using Google I'm not so sure.
    What do you all think?

2. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Looks like a Swedish crossbreed to me, but I'm no duck expert. [​IMG]

3. Funsizeracing

Mar 10, 2011
    [​IMG]

Here's another of her. I think she's adorable no matter what breed but I'd like to know things like if she can fly or not and such.

4. bibkel

bibkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    Black Swedish is what I say. Cute though, could be a mix. I have a mix of Blue Swedish and I think Cayuga, she has some feathers that are half gray and half black. interesting, only a few are like that she is mostly gray.

5. Funsizeracing

Mar 10, 2011
    Hmmm, she does look more swedish than ancona. Wonder if the hatchery would even have mix breeds. I wonder if she's a flyer....
    They hang out "free-range" in my 4ft. fenced in yard during daylight hours then sleep on my enclosed deck at night. Although, they really just hang out on the deck all most all the time, the seem scared of the grass and dirt. LOL!

6. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I had a drake look just like that and I ordered him as a duckling from a hatchery.
    Anconas have very weird patterns and they are ALWAYS different no two Anconas look the same.

7. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    It could still very well be an ancona. Some have alot of black some have a lot of white. It all depends. She is very pretty though. Hatchery stock is not good quality since most breed for money not for show.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by