Not sure of the breed

ICB42

Chirping
Aug 22, 2015

The Black chicken towards the back has black feathers and black legs, and I have never seen that, any clue on what kind of chicken it is??

To properly ID the bird you'll need to take a photo that shows the bird in question more clearly --- at the very least indicate on this photo which black bird "toward the back" you are referring to.

I have tried, however it was moving to quickly, its the black chicken with the black legs near the back I will try again tomorrow and see if I can get a better picture.

It can be helpful to use a three sided "box" for getting a still photo - the three sides, plus you shooting from the front - gives the bird the impression it is trapped so it is more likely to hold still. Another option is to put down a nice pile of "bait" (high value food item they like) so that the bird is going to want to stay in one place and eat while you can snap some photos.

x2 we need a better photo preferably with the bird individualized in the forefront.

Black feathers and black legs cover a lot of different breeds...plus age of bird would help....some start black but get subsequent colors.

Your black bird with black legs could be an Australorp or Black Sex Link (will get some red leakage as grow older, but some have very little red) or even Black Marans (pink/white foot pads and lighter shade of "black" more grey, but leg color can vary) or Jersey Giant (yellow foot pads) or Black Sumatra (white foot pads).....a number of other things.

Plus the above breeds have different comb types with the foot pad color, different body shapes...all indicate the particular breed.

So better photos essential.

LofMc

Last edited:
I got a better picture!!

She does not have white pads on the bottom of her feet her feet are all black

Black plumage- black shanks - pinkish/ white sol /pad= Black Australorp
Black plumage- black shanks - yellow sol /pad= Black Jersey Giant
Black plumage- black shanks - black sol /pad= Black Sumatra

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom