Not sure on this breed

Tinkerchick

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 26, 2007
Heber City, UT
I think it's an auracauna but someone told me it didn't look like it. It's the black and white one on the left.
100_1221.jpg

They are mutts.
What they look like depends on what they were bread with or what random genes are expressed by the paticular pairing.

An EE can look like just about any other breed, and they do, although there does seem to be one most common set of features.

The vast majority that I have seen tend toward buff/brown mixture, but I have seen plenty of completly different looking ones as well.

Id love to see a closer pic of yours, it looks really nice.

Do get eggs yet?

Barg, I wonder if that one has a little SLW it. I have a SLW and an EE that could produce a chicken like that. Look in my 'mypage' there is a pic of my EE there that i'm talking about. And i guess thats why they call them EE's. You dont know who the daddy is
idunno.gif

I'll get a closer picture of her and post it later today. I got her at our IFA so I don't know who the parents are.
Lurky that is one beautiful EE, I see what you mean now.
It's 4 months old so no eggs yet.
Thanks for your input.

I have an older EE hen that looks like her. She is the sweetest hen and lays bluish colored eggs.

She's really pretty. She, at first glance, appears to be an Easter Egger, but she has some definite feather patterns of a Silver Laced Wyandotte. And she does not seem to have much of a beard or muffs like most Easter Eggers. Could be a cross of the two, but I have seen an Easter Egger once before with a SLW pattern to her.

Last edited:
Yeah it really does look like a cross between the two, I can't quite see if that's a rose comb or a pea comb, but the leggs scream EE and not SLW, but the feather pattern and lack of beard, I agree SLW.
hehe, almost a cross of my two chicks.... almost.

Lurky, i'm going to have to look through your pics more, I assume you have more pics of your chickens somewhere?
I can't see the slw very well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom