Not sure on this breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tinkerchick, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Tinkerchick

Tinkerchick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2007
    Heber City, UT
    I think it's an auracauna but someone told me it didn't look like it. It's the black and white one on the left.
    [​IMG]

2. lunchtable

lunchtable New Egg

Aug 26, 2007
    It's an easter egger

3. Tinkerchick

Jun 26, 2007
    Heber City, UT
    Is there any reason why it's different looking then most? I have two others that are red. My friend has 3 and there redish also.

4. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    They are mutts.
    What they look like depends on what they were bread with or what random genes are expressed by the paticular pairing.

An EE can look like just about any other breed, and they do, although there does seem to be one most common set of features.

The vast majority that I have seen tend toward buff/brown mixture, but I have seen plenty of completly different looking ones as well.

Id love to see a closer pic of yours, it looks really nice.

Do get eggs yet?

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Barg, I wonder if that one has a little SLW it. I have a SLW and an EE that could produce a chicken like that. Look in my 'mypage' there is a pic of my EE there that i'm talking about. And i guess thats why they call them EE's. You dont know who the daddy is [​IMG]

6. Tinkerchick

Jun 26, 2007
    Heber City, UT
    I'll get a closer picture of her and post it later today. I got her at our IFA so I don't know who the parents are.
    Lurky that is one beautiful EE, I see what you mean now.
    It's 4 months old so no eggs yet.
    Thanks for your input.

7. josee5

josee5 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2007
    Iowa
    I have an older EE hen that looks like her. She is the sweetest hen and lays bluish colored eggs.

8. Tinkerchick

Jun 26, 2007
    Heber City, UT
    I couldn't get the best pics of Princess she dosen't hold still for long but here are a few.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She's really pretty. She, at first glance, appears to be an Easter Egger, but she has some definite feather patterns of a Silver Laced Wyandotte. And she does not seem to have much of a beard or muffs like most Easter Eggers. Could be a cross of the two, but I have seen an Easter Egger once before with a SLW pattern to her.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  10. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Yeah it really does look like a cross between the two, I can't quite see if that's a rose comb or a pea comb, but the leggs scream EE and not SLW, but the feather pattern and lack of beard, I agree SLW.
    hehe, almost a cross of my two chicks.... almost.

Lurky, i'm going to have to look through your pics more, I assume you have more pics of your chickens somewhere?
    I can't see the slw very well.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by