Not sure what breed my rooster is...

melaniecantrell

Hatching
7 Years
May 31, 2012
Can someone please help me find out what breed my rooster is? I ordered them and he was supposed to actually be an Ameracauna hen, but the hatchery got things a little messed up. Here is the link to my husbands youtube, it has a video where you can actually see my rooster and get a good look at him...Thank you for any help :} http://youtu.be/fRuobyRT13I If the link doesnt work his name is rebelbull1 on youtube

I didn't have any good up close pics of him, just my whole flock and and he was mixed in and I just happened to remember my husbands video. Im sorry Im not trying to get anyone to watch an ad or what not.

Looks almost identical...do you know much about this breed? I primarily raise leghorns, rhode island reds, and ameracaunas. Thank you for your help

I'm a complete noob at this but it is my understanding that Easter Eggers are sort of a generic term for birds that possess the blue egg gene or birds of mixed Ameracauna background. I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable will come along to correct me and/or elaborate. Very good looking roo, nonetheless.
thumbsup.gif

Looks almost identical...do you know much about this breed? I primarily raise leghorns, rhode island reds, and ameracaunas. Thank you for your help
If you got your "Ameraucanas" from a hatchery, then you don't really have Ameraucanas, you have Easter Eggers. Ameraucanas are a breed that are pure, while Easter Eggers are often called "mutts". They are similar to Ameraucanas with muffs, and can lay colored eggs, like blue, green or pink. They are very friendly - I have two of them.

Did you order them from a breeder or a hatchery, (like Meyer or Ideal, etc.)?

If you got your "Ameraucanas" from a hatchery, then you don't really have Ameraucanas, you have Easter Eggers. Ameraucanas are a breed that are pure, while Easter Eggers are often called "mutts". They are similar to Ameraucanas with muffs, and can lay colored eggs, like blue, green or pink. They are very friendly - I have two of them.

Did you order them from a breeder or a hatchery, (like Meyer or Ideal, etc.)?
x2

Back
Top Bottom