1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not sure what breed these 2 are .... Help pls =]

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TammyTootles, Sep 20, 2012.

1. TammyTootles

TammyTootles Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2012
    Bridgeport ,Texas
    I bought my lil chicks from TSC back in march ...Im pretty sure I have 3 golden comets and not really sure what these other 2 are...Dottie is my blonde girl she is a lot larger than the others
    [​IMG]
    and then we have lil miss REBA...she was the "runt" she is a deep red /chocolate color and she is a lot smaller than the rest....
    [​IMG]
    well while yall are already looking ....can you confirm that the others are Golden comets =]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    above is their "baby" pics the one on the far left that is dottie ...notice she had black dots on her head...now they are gone . and the little tan on up front is reba...she was always a tad bit darker than the rest.

Thank yall =] I cant wait to see what they are [​IMG]

2. ChickenExtreme

ChickenExtreme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    Golden Comets/Red Stars= They are Red Sexlinks, I believe Dottie is a Buff Orp mix, Reba looks to be a Productin Red

3. ChickenExtreme

Jun 25, 2012
    If Dottie is not a mix she had a messed up comb [​IMG]

4. ChickenExtreme

Jun 25, 2012
    I suppose she could be a Buff Colored Wyandotte HQ [​IMG]

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    1st is a buff orp mix (looks like there is a slight beard so would guess has some ee in her)
    2nd a RIR
    4th red sex links

6. TammyTootles

May 30, 2012
    Bridgeport ,Texas
    Ahhhh...It's great to finally know what my girls are.....I'm not to familiar with the abbreviations yet so could y'all explain which breeds...lol :/:pthank ya much

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    orp = orpington
    RIR = rhode island red
    ee = easter egger

if i missed any just let us know :)

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Dottie looks "fluffy" like orpingtons are supposed to look, but I agree that comb is off.
    Reba is a Rhode Island red
    The others are sex link pullets, one brand name is gold comet.

9. TammyTootles

May 30, 2012
    Bridgeport ,Texas
    cool...thanks....her comb has always looked a little off.....when she was tiny it almost looked as if it had been removed or cut off...It was just a flat red surface where the other girls had a completely different type surface to it. Kinda rough and a bit bumpy. As they grew the others comb began to stand and Dottie's just tends to look like a wad of chewing gum.I have no clue....she is a very sweet girl very laid back. The only time you can see her get all worked up is when I catch grasshoppers or June bugs and release them inside the coop.Then she is all Business...lol

10. blueeyeddemon

blueeyeddemon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2012
    South Texas
    Hahah!!! That's adorable!! My hens do that, too XD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by