Not sure what I have here? Any help would be great!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BrittanyandLola, Sep 26, 2011.

1. BrittanyandLola

BrittanyandLola Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2011
    Illinois
    I bought Lola about a month ago from a lady who said she was a black silkie hen. Now Im not so sure. Shes my only chicken ive ever had. Indoor pet. So I guess I didnt really look into what young silkie looked like but the more pictures i see the less silkie she becomes. she has the 5 toes and black skin. and the silkie feathers underneath just not her chest or wings. So i guess im looking for what she might be mixed with. And shes not looking so black anymore either so a color?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/107720_scarlolamika.jpg

her pic with my baby Scarlette and cat Mika

2. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    She looks like a blue cochin to me. Bantam size.

3. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

She looks like a black silkie to me. I just bought a new rooster today, actually i was given one. Heres a picture of my hen for you to compare.

[​IMG]

4. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Definitely part Silkie. Maybe part Cochin or Polish?? Not sure, but she is at least part Silkie with the black skin and five toes. [​IMG]

5. ke5hde

ke5hde Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2011
    Lafayette,NY
    Definitely part Silkie. Maybe part Cochin or Polish?? Not sure, but she is at least part Silkie with the black skin and five toes.

x2 and the feathers look alot like our LF cochin​

6. BrittanyandLola

BrittanyandLola Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2011
    Illinois
    thank you very much for your replies...her feathers just dont look at all like the silkies. there very soft but have the appearance of normal feathers. and she has actual wing feathers. And i looked up silkiechins and looks to be right on the nose. Thanks again. oh and any guess on sex or age? I think about 3 months but not sure.

7. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Silkie cross probably with a cochin.

8. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    i agree, silkie/blue cochin cross! [​IMG]:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by