Not sure what these 3 are! Updated Pics!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mr.Yardbird, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Mr.Yardbird

Mr.Yardbird Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    lake meredith
    These are pictures taken last week when the chicks were 4 weeks old, they turn 5 weeks old tomorrow and have lots more feathers now but markings on them haven't changed.

[​IMG]

And this lil one here looks like it could be a few different breeds at this age.

[​IMG]

Any help on trying to figure these 3 out would be very appreciated!

Updated Pictures of the birds taken just 30 minutes ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

In the first pic, the one on the left (if clean-legged) is a Gold Laced Wyandotte and the right is a Cochin or Langshan, probably.
    The next pic seems a bit like a Lt. Brahma, but I cant tell if it has feathers on the legs. If not, could be a Lt Sussex or something else.

3. Mr.Yardbird

Mr.Yardbird Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    lake meredith
    Was thinking Wyandotte for the first one (there are no feathers on its legs) just wasn't for sure. And in the last picture, it has clean legs too.

The one you belive to be a Cochin or Langshan is starting to get golden speckles in its feathers now and it's legs are almost completely covered with feathers now as well. Will try to get a picture of it again this evening.

4. pkeeler

pkeeler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Shamong
    I would guess the feathered one is a cochin (hard to tell if blue, black, or partridge), the brown one is a modern black breasted red game, and the white one is a lakenvelder (could be a blue andalusian).

5. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Black one with feathered feet isn't a langshan. Langshans have a whitish patch on their chest and they have some spots of white around their eyes. I'd say cochin.

6. Easter_pink_silkies

Easter_pink_silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    AWWWW look at the adorable big headed red and black thing!!!!! i dont know what he is but i want him! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by