Not sure what to call this..

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by erinc, Jun 28, 2016.

1. erinc

erinc Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2016
    Louisville Ky
    [​IMG]
    We are not sure what going on with this chick. She's about 12 weeks old and is the smallest of our flock. We've got 3 Isa Browns who are about 13-14 weeks old, and 3 Ameracaunas or EEs that are 11-12 weeks old. The EE pictured here is the smallest. The other two are about the size of the Isa Browns. I know it could be pecking but we never see blood, we are always checking. She eats, drinks, acts like a normal chicken. Any guesses? Tricks? Tips on what we can do to help her.

2. Chickensfan

Chickensfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    hmmmm....not sure. give her lots of protein for now. I will spread word about this thread.

1 person likes this.
  3. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    seperate her not enough protien bigger ones are bullying and shes not getting enough protien keep an eye out for feather growth and her developing and getting heathy and strong

1 person likes this.
  4. erinc

erinc Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2016
    Louisville Ky

She eats just as much if not more than the others. She's got small feathers popping out in different places. Her wings are just more prominent. She's not fragile. She holds her own with the other chickens. I am currently fermenting their food. How do you add more protein to your flocks food?

1 person likes this.
  5. mama2girlies

mama2girlies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    Southern California
    My chickens love scrambled eggs. I add uncooked oats and dried mealworms to the eggs. Tons of protein and so yummy for them

6. erinc

erinc Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2016
    Louisville Ky

You don't feel weird feeding them scrambled eggs?

7. mama2girlies

mama2girlies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    Southern California
    No because they are so good for them. We have accidentally dropped an egg when we were collecting and if they see they come running to eat the raw egg. They're actually somewhat cannabalistic. I know it's weird but it's part of their instincts

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by