Not sure what to do

loupan

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 24, 2011
newzealand
Can someone please help me to put my mind at rest im having to open and close vents in my incubator every 5 mins becouse its so hot here at the mo everytime i do this to bring temp down the humidity will drop but then go back up again will this damage my egg please help im getting so wind up
sad.png

Try adding water through the vent holes with a straw or something. If your temp is at 99 (101 still air). You won't get fluctuation. My humidity doesn't stay up I have to add water to it all the time. Just keep an I on it and don't open it. I'm on day 20. Good Luck and Happy Hatching.
Michele

I have some in lockdown right now also. the water wells always need refilling. In the past I have refilled using straws and a syringe. This time I put a cup of water in the incubator with high enough sides that I don't need to worry about chicks climbing in and it is keeping me from having to add water. I agree that you should use the straw and syringe method for refilling or add some wet sponges and place under vent holes so you can add water to them as easily as well without actually opening the incubator. Good luck.

don't know what to tell you to help. Sorry. I hope someone else has a good suggestion. will keep my fingers crossed that they still hatch out ok.

i have added some more water ,i have a wee bowl with water and a sponge in it and i added a pipe so i could add water without opening lid i have just added a paper towel with water on and that seems to have worked so far its back up to 60% and temp is sitting between 100 and 101 hopefully its will be ok soooo hot here and im soooo stressed out
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom