1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not sure whats wrong??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by talline, May 18, 2016.

1. talline

talline Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2015
    Hi, This hen of mine has been acting strange lately like standing in a corner and I don't think shes been laying either. Her comb has gotten floppier and her one eye is closed a lot. It doesn't look puffy or anything to me, so I don't think she got stung by anything.. If anyone can help me figure out what's wrong I'd be very thankful.

2. chickengr

chickengr Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    what breed and age is she?

when my chickens act strange I give them vitamins and watch them.

3. talline

talline Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2015

Shes a rhode island red and about a year old. I put electrolytes in her water.
    All of my other hens are doing good.

4. chickengr

chickengr Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    unfortunately it could be anything. watch her and the others. I always have antibiotics on hand but I first try vitamins, electrolytes and herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, nettle...). I also give them some chopped garlic and cayenne pepper.

did you warm your chickens? watch their poop for worms. check her for lice and mites as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by