Not Sure Whats Wrong

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kyrose, Jul 23, 2010.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    i have a serama hen thats a little over a year old.i noticed she wasnt moving around that much and she looked swollen.(i think.seramas have very large breasts that stick out) so im not sure.i felt her crop thinking it was impacted,didnt feel anything.i brought her in and she just ate a little food.i put vitamins and electrolytes in her water.i did give her a few drop of oil in her mouth just in case.ive seen the roo with her and she fights him alot so im wondering if maybe he hurt her.should i try polyvisol?if so 5 drops 2x a day for 5 days then 5 drops once a day?also should i also give her vitamin e and how much?she seems pretty alert and gets around.
    thanks for any advice..

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Is she laying eggs still? Eating and drinking OK? Where did she look swollen? Could she be eggbound?

3. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:Is she laying eggs still? Eating and drinking OK? Where did she look swollen? Could she be eggbound?

shes eating and drinking fine.i gave her 5 drops of polyvisol.should i give her vitamin e and how much? i would guess an injury from the roo.

4. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut

shes eating and drinking fine.i gave her 5 drops of polyvisol.should i give her vitamin e and how much? i would guess an injury from the roo.

I'm not an expert in this area, sorry. I was hoping that some of these questions might help you get an answer from someone though. I would be reluctant to begin treating her until the problem is identified though. Certainly vitamins couldn't hurt. Good luck with her.

5. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    thank you,i apprecite you trying to help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by