Not sure where to post this question. Should I cross this...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Country Living Farm, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    I have 5 JG I just I just took out of the pen. I had 13 with one roo. I put the five with a BCM Frizzle roo but I also have a pure white Americana roo. What do you think I should do. I seel the eggs to help pay for feed so I need the hens to go with the roo that will help me the most pay the bills. So should I put the hens with the Americana Roo or the BCM Frizzle.

Tks.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I'd go with the frizzle. I think you'd be wasting the Ameracauna roo if you don't have some colored egg-layers for him. Big frizzles would be cool- and you may get some dark egg-laying chicks too! If so- then put one of the dark laying offspring with your ameracauna roo, and make olive-eggers [​IMG]

3. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

What is a "BCM Frizzle"?

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I can only guess a frizzled Black Copper Marans?

5. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    Sorry, Yes I have a Black Copper Maran Frizzle. For a frizzle and a BCM he has really godd marking/color. His parents were BCM roo and we think a Cochen frizzle hen.

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Ah, you may want to put a black copper marans cross then. I was thinking that you had a pure Black Copper Marans that has the frizzled gene.

7. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

His parents were BCM roo and we think a Cochen frizzle hen.

I'm sorry to be pedantic but he isn't a Marans. He is a Marans cross. (Ah, I see this has already been written).[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by