Not sure where to post : when shipping live chicks wher do u get heat packs?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by erijn5, Jan 31, 2012.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    I have had many inquires on if I sell live chicks, so I think I'm going to try it....I'm trying to figure all this out...so

1. Where do i get the boxes to ship live chicks?
    2. Where do I get the heat packs to put in the boxes?
    3. I'v got a general idea of how much to charge for express delivery, but I have to include the box and my gas also right? So how much have you paid to recieve live chicks?

Any info is great thanks! [​IMG]

2. KBlue

KBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I think Murray McMurray sells shipping boxes. Not sure about the heat packs though. Check them out, they may have them.

Also wanted to add....again see what any hatcheries in your area charge for shipping and then do something similar. Take advantage of the fact that they've already done the ground work for you!

Good luck :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  3. P'Fowls

P'Fowls Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2011
    Dahlonega, Ga
    We will be selling shipping boxes & heat packs in the spring. I dont know about your state, but here in Georgia you have to be NPIP certifed to ship chicks. We are getting tested now and getting everything together so we can start shipping. I have people call me all over the us wanting chicks, so I figured this year we would do what we needed to to start shipping. We are going to have a flat fee and charge so much per bird extra. We order chicks from cackle to sell and that is how they do it. Theres is like $15 or $20 and $.15-20 a bird depending on your location.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by