Not sure where to put this. But, I need help advertising birds for sale.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by neener92, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neener92

neener92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    So, the title says it all. I have been advertising my roosters for sale on craigslist, and I never get any interest. Is there a way I can advertise to get people interested in them, I also have two male ducks and a few chicken hens for sale. I'd like to sell some of my birds so I can make room for some Silkie hens. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot I haven't been on here in forever and since then it has changed.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  2. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    How much are you asking for them?

adding: I don't want to buy, but maybe you're asking more than other people in your area that are selling. roosters are not really in demand.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  3. neener92

neener92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    I have asked $2.00 all the way down to free for the roos! I ask about $4.00 for hens, mind you these are mutt chickens, but they look like game birds. I am asking $5 for the magpie drake, and $10 for the Muscovy drake.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

It's like this. Anything under the sun that you sell has a value. That value may be zero or even less, but it has a value.

Roosters may be sold IF someone has a need. If not, then they may be given away, or.... they taste great.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Since this is basically an ad, you must place it in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. We have plenty of buyers, I'm sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by