1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Not sure who laid these eggs..need expert opinions

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jerseygirl1, Oct 24, 2009.

1. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Crowing

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Yippee, I got my first eggs
    Anyone tell me who laid them? I have 2 barred rocks, 7 RIR's, one BO, 2 Golden Comets, one black sex link, 2 leghorns and one silkie, I have ruled out the silkie.
    They are all about 20 weeks, except 4 RIR's are 1 1/2 YO. The one on the left is from one of the older RIR, it's the two smaller ones I'm not sure of. They are the size bantam egg.
    Thank you!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009

2. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Nice pullet eggs!!!!!

My guess would be Golden comets or BSL but it is hard to tell for sure unless you catch them in the act!!!

Congrats on your eggs!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    the one in the middle looks like my BR eggs

4. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Songster

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    My Gold Sex-link lays very dark terra-cotta-colored eggs. But I have two BSLs who have recently started, and their eggs are completely different from each other. One's is a rich reddish - brown large egg. The other is a tiny greyish-tan egg. My young Barred-Rock lays large light brown eggs. Look like your egg on the left.

I also have two SS, whose eggs look NOTHING like each other.

So, I think you really have to catch them in the act to know for sure.

5. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Songster

Jun 29, 2009
    Not the leghorns, those are white.

The one on the right looks like my RIR, the one on the left looks like my black star.

But yes, you'd have to catch them in the act!

6. loralei

loralei Songster

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    I have absolutely no clue but I am happy to report that my girls' eggs have gotten noticably larger just in the 2 weeks they have been laying. I hope you experience the same!

They certainly are darling eggs tho!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by