1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not That Day Again.....

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Robo, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Well besides my weekly cleaning of brooders waterers ext. I make everything shine three times a year. Today was one of those days. I cleaned everything animal related that I could. I worked almost all day and I'm still not finished. Today I cleaned all of the waterers, feeders, incubators (Ones with no eggs), replaced some heat lamp bulbs, shoveled under cages, hosed off wire, changed bedding in bobwhite pair pens, and tomorrow I have to clean the rabbits:sick chickens and brooders. Anyone else have a not so spring cleaning this week?

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Three times a year?

I clean cages every other day and sweep each day.... weekly I clean water bottles, food dishes, dust bowls.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    *ranchy decides that maybe quail aren't a good idea after all*

4. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I just clean really good three times a year. I clean stuff as needed which is usually once a week, but three times a year I scrub everything and make sure everything is clean. By cleaning really good I mean spray painting drop pans, washing the whole pen out instead of just sweeping, pressure washing my sheds and sidewalks, replacing parts to cages, sanding stuff, bleaching all of my barrels, sweeping out all of the sheds and the garage, re-organizing, fixing fences, ext. I clean everything weekly, but I do a more detailed cleaning three times a year.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:And you would choose to do this in 40 degree weather because???? [​IMG]

6. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Down here it was around 55* so I figured I had better take advantage of it since it is supposed to snow soon. It is the first time in ages that all of my water hoses were thawed out. Plus it needed it.

7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:[​IMG] And to think you're like 3-4 hours away [​IMG]

8. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:And you would choose to do this in 40 degree weather because???? [​IMG]

BECAUSE ITS THE 1ST HEAT WAVE OF THE YEAR [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOW, ROBO, QUIT WHINING AND START CLEANING..... JK [​IMG]

9. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Yep, I get all of the warm fronts. My cousin lives pretty close to you. He is in Mt. Washington, isn't that like 40 minutes or less from you?

10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Not sure where Mt. Washington is, I'm right 'below' the Green River Lake.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by