Not the normal expensive goat lesson...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamabird, Apr 14, 2009.

1. mamabird

mamabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    App. Mtn's
    While milking my new ND goat this evening, she proceeded to reach over and pluck my gold earring out of my ear and chomp on it a few times. I now have one gold earring and a gold nugget. Guess she is trying to give the 'goose that laid the golden egg' a run for her money. The things that fall under the "live and learn" catagory. Never in a million years would I have thought that I needed to take out my earrings to milk a goat! Gonna have to put this piece of advice in my book that I write someday...right after "don't hike farther down into the Grand Canyon than the mules go".

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

is your ear okay? *ouch*

4. mamabird

Apr 14, 2007
    App. Mtn's
    ...that's the best part...she was so slick that she didn't even touch my ear! What a good goatie. [​IMG]

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I was at the Alpaca Farm where I had four Alpaca's boarding, and her emu kept trying to jerk my earring out of my ear. She said he actually ate one of hers one day . . . a real diamond. . .aren't animals a hoot????

6. mamabird

Apr 14, 2007
    App. Mtn's
    ...two earrings per ear - one was the set of gold hoops from a dear friend, the other small diamond studs from DH... could've been worse! I'd be [​IMG] if it wasn't so ridiculous!

7. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Well, gee, thanks for learning this lesson for me. I'll make sure I don't wear earrings to the barn for milking.

[​IMG]

8. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Our Australorp, Olympia, plucked my pearl earring out of my ear when she was a chick... we were very worried, but she's 2 now and it's nowhere to be found...

9. danielbrown

danielbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Spartanburg, sc
    While my mom was holding a chicken it pecked a diamond off one of her rings and ate it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by