Not the typical Ameraucana...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HomesteaderMel, Jan 2, 2012.

1. HomesteaderMel

HomesteaderMel Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    SW Florida
    [​IMG]

Here's our "bearded lady", Teriyaki. We got her from a friend a few months back and were told she was an Ameraucana. Now that she's laying, I'm not so sure of her breed...

[​IMG]

Her eggs are the creamy/white ones! She also has a single comb and grey feet.
    If anyone has a guess as to what breed or mix she is, I'd appreciate your input [​IMG]
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    She looks like a lovely Easter Egger. They can lay any color of egg, and while they look similar to an Ameraucana, they are not quite the same. Beautiful little lady!

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    She is not an Ameraucana or Easter egger-She has a straight comb which gives-brown and the spectrum of brownish eggs not colored..Either way..She's a pretty bird giving you eggs [​IMG]

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Quote:An EE can have any comb and lay any color egg. They have no standardization.

1 person likes this.
  5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Yep, she's an EE, not an Ameraucana. She's pretty! [​IMG]

6. HomesteaderMel

Jun 13, 2011
    SW Florida
    Your answers have gotten me wondering... Our other "Ameraucana" came from the same batch of chicks. Here's Mrs. Fluffles:

[​IMG]

She doesn't have ear puffs and no beard, but she lays green eggs... could she be an EE also??
    Thanks so much for responding [​IMG]

7. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    definatly an EE. both girls are beautiful [​IMG]

8. HomesteaderMel

Jun 13, 2011
    SW Florida
    Hahaha... I need to change my signature!
    Thanks, everyone [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    yes both are nice ee's

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    How can that be an EE? I would think it would be just a mutt ( I know and EE is a mutt too) but I mean this one just looked like a mutt mutt ( NO OFFENSE TO THE OP-I think she's beautiful)
    So when you look at her you really think EE? She doesn't lay colored eggs nor has a pea comb, which is typical of EE's..Now I know I have had mutts that I breed just for eggs and you'd consider them all EE's???

Now, the second one I'd consider an EE because of her comb type and she lays a green egg. [​IMG] Easter egger=colored egg ( typically) What am I not getting here?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by