Not to rush you or anything........ (funny pic)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chics in the sun, Aug 10, 2010.

1. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    [​IMG]

Ebony, the Barred Rock, stayed like that for a half an hour until Matilda finished her buisness. The nest box next to that one is empty, but of course that won't do. Talk about preassure!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    Cute! [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Everybody needs a henwife every now and then.

4. BYC_In_Long_Beach

BYC_In_Long_Beach Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    My Orpington (Pheonix) and RB (Midnight) sharing the same nest! I guess Midnight could not wait and decided to hop in although 2 empty nests were available!

[​IMG]

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    they are so funny about their favorite box!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  6. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    I love those pictures - especially the one of just their fuzzy butts! Ebony barely moved that entire time - no pacing or yelling, just stood there and stared.....

7. lillypug

lillypug Fleur De Lis Farm

Mar 21, 2010
    Louisiana
    I can just hear them, "Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?"[​IMG]

8. CaitlynNichols

CaitlynNichols Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Newfields, NH
    I find it so funny when chickens have to be in the same box when there are plenty of boxes for them to lay their eggs in! (I believe they do that for security reasons. They like being in a crowded small place I suppose? Weird.) Two of our "Silkhorns" stay in the same nesting box when they lay eggs, even when they are broody they share the eggs by sitting on top of them (If there was only one egg....well then there's quite an entertaining show when they try to decide who gets to snuggle with the egg. he he. They don't like sharing then...)

9. itsachicken

itsachicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    St. Louis
    My neighbor had two silkies go broody on the same nest. That was funny enough, but we caught her buff crested polish laying an egg on top of them! I should always carry a camera when there are chickens around.

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I wish I had a picture of the 3 Barred Rock hens I used to have. They went broody at the same time & insisted on sharing 1 nestbox.
    I tried separating the eggs, even leaving no eggs in the middle box, but that was the box they wanted..... so I gave up. That was the best protected batch of chicks I've ever seen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by