not urgent but just want to make sure...

CalChickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 31, 2010
Hi my two year old BO has recently been low in energy. We live in a very mild climate in northern california where it rarely drops below 32 degrees. she has four other healthy friends in the coop which is twice the size it needs to be for the amount of chickens i have. Her feet have also been slightly pink in some parts for the last couple of days. two of them are laying and im not sure which two. What does the red feet mean? Thanks for your time

Do a head to toe exam on her. What does her crop feel like? What does her abdomen feel like? What does her vent look like? ........is it moist? Look for mites/lice.
Sometimes my hens have slightly red feet. I don't think it means much, unless they have bumblefoot. Bumblefoot is a staph infection of the foot. Just look on the bottom of her feet and see if there are any big lumps. What kind of stuff do they spend their day walking on?
I would probably separate her from the others, so I could monitor her intake/output more closely. That way you can see how much she's eating/drinking and what her poop looks like.

Back
Top Bottom