1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not urgent but wattles and comb going pale?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PorkyPete, Jun 17, 2011.

1. PorkyPete

PorkyPete Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    Christchurch, NZ
    When I went to close up the coop for the night I noticed my 4 month old cockerels wattles and comb were pale, Well his entire face actually. He has no symptoms of anything and all the girls seemed fine, He was normal and bright red all day and ate plenty, Not sure how much he drank today but I saw him at the waterer. Is he cold or something more serious??

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I recommend you visually inspect him for lice/mites, especially check around the vent area.

3. PorkyPete

PorkyPete Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    Christchurch, NZ
    Thanks for the advice [​IMG] I checked them all over today and couldn't find any signs of lice or mites. I will treat them for it anyway just incase. He was back to his normal bright red today and when he settled for the night tonight, So I'm not as worried now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by