Not walking or standing

image.jpg
You need to explain way more detail if you want help...
here’s an example of him laying with his neck like that. He’s like that most of the time or he’ll try to stand or walk but will end up falling

@ali.khimm01 , welcome to BYC. Do you live in the USA? Is so you could try giving it a drop of Nutridrench for Poultry which most feed stores sell, or you could try giving a drop or two of an infant vitamin like Poly-Vi-Sol without iron.

If it were my duckling I would put it back in the incubator on a soft towel with the temp set to 90 F, humidity at 60-70%, and I would give a drop of Pedialyte or Gatorade every 30-60 minutes.

Poor baby! He really don't look very well, try to get him to drink some water with vitamin/electrolytes. PLEASE repost in the Duck Forum for better assistance.
@ali.khimm01 , welcome to BYC. Do you live in the USA? Is so you could try giving it a drop of Nutridrench for Poultry which most feed stores sell, or you could try giving a drop or two of an infant vitamin like Poly-Vi-Sol without iron.

If it were my duckling I would put it back in the incubator on a soft towel with the temp set to 90 F, humidity at 60-70%, and I would give a drop of Pedialyte or Gatorade every 30-60 minutes.
thank you so much I’ll try the first option but if I see no improvement I’ll put him back in the incubator

thank you so much I’ll try the first option but if I see no improvement I’ll put him back in the incubator
The incubator is where I keep all of mine until they can walk because when they can't walk they get too hot under the heat lamp.

Wow, I don't know anything about ducks, so why would you use Gatorade? It sounds funny but also I can see the logic in it, like because of the sugar? I'm interested. :pop
I prefer Pedialyte, but Gatorade is so much cheaper. The extra sugar can be good too.

Back
Top Bottom