Note to Niffty and the powers that be

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by HenHappy, Feb 19, 2007.

1. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    I just wanted to let you know of a techie problem I had on the other byc, with thier chat. I just got the new windows vista, and it (Infernal machine) will not let me download the add-on activeX, because it's from an unknown puplisher. I'm hoping when you add chat to this site you use a newer/different one that this thing will accept!!! (imagine me fluttering my eyelashes with hope!) I'm so computer illiterate that I dare not change to many default security settings in case I blow this thing up! Thanks for listening!!!

2. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    e have a couple compter tech people as members and hopefully one of them will see your posting and help you with that.

3. HenHappy

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Thanks, That would be great!

This vista is cool, but it can be really frustrated to work around all the warnings!

Hair...being...pulled...out....

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately I don't know much about the other forum's chat other than I think it is java based?

If you figure it out, please let us know.

5. HenHappy

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Kstaven from the other board helped me out![​IMG] I had to get a newer version of java. All set now. Thanks to all who helped me out! It can be horrible if you are not techie savy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by