Note to self (& others)

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by WildflowerJLH, Nov 17, 2010.

1. WildflowerJLH

WildflowerJLH Chillin' With My Peeps

Adding sprouts in with your yogurt increases messiness by at least 10X!

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the heads up and I DID need to be told. I fed tomatoes to my chickens this summer while I was wearing white pants.[​IMG]

3. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    That is good to know. I tried plain yogurt a couple of months ago and they wouldn't touch it. I just bought another tub yesterday and I think I will add some of their beloved blueberries to it and see if that helps.

4. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG] That is funny. I had an overabundance of cherry tomatoes this year and the first time I fed them to the chickens one of them shot a stream of tomato juice into my dogs face. [​IMG] The look on her face was priceless. She had no ideas chickens were dangerous!

5. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    Quote:[​IMG] That is funny. I had an overabundance of cherry tomatoes this year and the first time I fed them to the chickens one of them shot a stream of tomato juice into my dogs face. [​IMG] The look on her face was priceless. She had no ideas chickens were dangerous!

[​IMG] both are soo funny [​IMG]

6. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    ugh I found this out too the hard way......did it once, never again...lol....

7. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Yes I did need to know all of this. I fed cooked grits to mine and my EE had it in her ear muffs for a wk. [​IMG] If I feed it to them again, I'll let it get cold first. Think I'll stick to oatmeal for a warm meal. [​IMG]

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Hahahaaa! [​IMG]

I can imagine the ordeal you went through to obtain such wisdom. Thank you for sharing it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by