Nothern Illinois People - New Event to attend

tbitt

Songster
Apr 28, 2011
IL
A acquaintance of mine is holding the very first Horse Days at the Boone County Fairgrounds, August 19th, 20th, and 21st

http://www.horsedays.net//

*******As of today (July 6th) we have 94 commercial vendors from 14 different States. Some are coming from as far away as OK and TX. There will be great selections of English & Western show apparel, tack, equipment, and other horse & dog supplies.

Food at Horse Days following the pancake breakfast will include BBQ Pork & Chicken, Gyros, Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches, Meat Ball Subs, Jambalaya, Italian Sausage, Fries, Tacos, Burritos, Fry Breads, Pizza, Hot Dogs, Corn Dogs, Roasted Corn on the Cob, Hamburgers, Sundaes, Floats, Funnel Cakes, and more.

18 Guest Speakers, of which 9 are either a Vet or have a PhD degree in their respective field. Topic will be Nutrition, Horse Health including Holistic Horse, Acupuncture, Reiki, Hoof, parasite and more. Other topics are Composting and DOT requirements.

15 Clinicians are being scheduled covering a wide range of disciplines and behavior challenges. Some of the clinics scheduled are Through the Judges Eyes by Dan Grunewald, Obstacle Trail Course by Steve Lantvit, Teaching your Horse to Drive by Dave Kluge, Gaited Riding by Juli Realy, Barrel Racing by Donna Irvin, Eventing by Jamie Price, Showmanship by Rob Robinson, Equi-Soccer by Harmony Horsemanship, Longeing by Mike Branch, and more. Some of these clinics are free, others have a fee that gets paid directly to the Clinician.

Workshops include horse trailer backing. We'll have new Ram, Ford, and Chevy Trucks there along with 13 different new trailer brands.

We'll also have John Deere, Cub Cadet, and Mahindra compact utility tractors there for you to test your backing skills with a hay wagon or manure spreader.

More workshops should be finalized by mid July.

Also wanted to mention our Fun Pass for admission to Horse Days all three days and admission to all five of our events at the Ram Grandstand Arena for just $35.00.

You can keep posted on updates by visiting our website at www.horsedays.net or our Facebook page.

Here is a picture of where things are going to be located at the Boone Co. Fairgrounds during Horse Days in a couple of weeks. There may still be a few changes/adjustments, but most of this should be set. For more information or a larger view of the map, please visit www.horsedays.net

BooneCoFairgrounds080111.jpg

*******Another Rodeo at Horse Days. The Little Boots Rodeo. This rodeo is a non competitive rodeo for children from the ages of 3 to 12. There will be 10 participation events. The entry fee is $10.00 for a "punch card" listing all 10 events and a free hot dog & coke. Some of the events include a stick horse race, a mechanical baby bull ride, bouncy ball barrel race, etc. Once all 10 events are punched, the youngster will get a certificate stating they are now an "Official Rodeo Cowboy/Cowgirl." For more information go to www.littlebootsrodeo.org. All of the profits from this event benefit the Little Boots Foundation.

LittleBootsRodeoLogo.jpg

This should be a lot of fun for everybody. I hope I'll be able take a break and watch for a bit as well.

*******We are pleased to be able to announce the news regarding Shannon Wolfe offering a "Herd Instinct Test" at Horse Days. The cost is $50.00 and is available to any "herding" type dog. Shannon will also be doing herding demos throughout the weekend.

For more information about Shannon, please visit www.shannonwolfeherding.com.

*******Our tickets for the five grandstand events at Horse Days have been shipped.

081911IHPA.jpg

082011IHPA.jpg

0819PRCA.jpg

082011PRCA.jpg

082111UHCA.jpg

This is the advance sale ticket to be exchanged for a daily wrist band at the gate.

081911HDGA.jpg

Hope to see you there!

Here is a sneak preview of some of the awards we'll be giving away at Horse Days.
Enter any of our events at Horse Days and you could win one of these...

Enteranyevent.jpg

He is referring to the medals. ;D

Of course you know, as we have discussed, I have my event taking place the same time and I cannot attend.
It looks like a grand time though. I'm sure they will have one next year and that should be dcided before the end of this one. Would you please PM me on next year's date so I can add it to my calendar? I'd hate to miss this 2 years in a row! What fun you will have!

I would also like to suggest you set a time and place for all BYCers to meet on each day. That way if they missed 1 day they could make the other. There is nothing like meeting face to face people you have been conversing with on the BYC forum. We are a great bunch. Perhaps, all BYCers could pin a chicken feather to their hat or wear one as a pin so you could have a signal that you are BYCers. It would be like a treasure hunt - but for people.

Denise
Paradise Found

PS Are those boys twins?

Last edited:
They are twins.....good eye you have there!

This is why I can not attend your event....
hit.gif

I will definately remember to send you a note as soon as they have chosen the dates for next year.

If any BYC people are thinking of attending, PM me, I can get you $1.00 off admition.
thumbsup.gif

I want to attend, especially for the horse-pulls!
But don't think we'll make it this year, unless .. maybe you can offer my bf a deal he can't refuse
wink.png

Quote:
This sounds like it could get me into trouble!
lol.png

The only deal I can offer is the $1.00 off per person tokens.
hmm.png
tongue.png
and a comfy full size bed. I will be hanging with some of our favorite peeps.
wink.png
big_smile.png
That should be enough to entice you both.

The horse pulls will be exciting! I hope I can watch them.

Last edited:
hit.gif

He said it's to late to ask someone to care for the critters .. even though I mentioned the event a month ago. I think that was the problem .. I mentioned it and didn't keep bringing it up.

Back
Top Bottom