Nothing happened.

Thanks for the giggle, I needed that today.

My brooder is in the coop, the chicks go into that straight from the incubator or post office. So the chicks are basically raised with the flock. I open the brooder when they are five weeks old and walk away. The adults and older juveniles are already outside enjoying the 3,000 square feet available to them. It has never been a problem. Sometimes it can be that easy. But in other conditions it can be very risky. Glad yours looks to be an easy one. But I suggest you pay attention at bedtime to see how they handle that.

Thanks for the giggle, I needed that today.

My brooder is in the coop, the chicks go into that straight from the incubator or post office. So the chicks are basically raised with the flock. I open the brooder when they are five weeks old and walk away. The adults and older juveniles are already outside enjoying the 3,000 square feet available to them. It has never been a problem. Sometimes it can be that easy. But in other conditions it can be very risky. Glad yours looks to be an easy one. But I suggest you pay attention at bedtime to see how they handle that.
Thanks. They're still separated, I just wanted to see....idk, something?

Let the bigs and littles out at the same time. Littles stayed on top of the brooder (top lid). Bigs had to at least seen them, but didn't even get up close to investigate. For lack of better words, the bigs ignored the littles. I'll try again this evening to see what happens.
Free ranging or in a run?
How old are the littles?

Free ranging or in a run?
How old are the littles?
The bigs were out for their free time. Littles are 5 wks tomorrow. I should have had the second coop done (I don't). When that is complete the littles will go there and I'll redo the run/pen to include it to really begin the integration process. Once integrated it will be a shared run/pen.

Meet and greet day 2 went well. One little got too brave and got a good peck from one of the hens. Later, another (maybe same) got a no contact warning peck. I did bait the bigs with scratch.
Dad in the background
IMG_20210915_183817373.jpg

What are y'all doin'?
IMG_20210915_184501190_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Dad giving a wide berth
IMG_20210915_185226741_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom