Nothing happening

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenWin, Apr 25, 2009.

1. ChickenWin

ChickenWin New Egg

Apr 25, 2009
    D'Hanis
    [​IMG] I have 20 eggs that were suppose to hatch the 24th. No signs of ANYTHING happening yet? Sould I worry? Any advice out there? This is my first time at hatching chicks!!! HELP!!![​IMG]:he:barnie

2. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Are you sure it has been 21 days yet. They could just be behind a little my chicks dont always hatch out on the exact day. Are they hatching in a incubator or under a hen?

3. ChickenWin

ChickenWin New Egg

Apr 25, 2009
    D'Hanis
    We have them in incubator's, Sure on number of days, the kids have been marking the calendar. We do have some hens out in the coop that are sitting as well, So my oldest son is intrested to see which is gonna work best!!

4. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    give them a couple more days, im sure you'll see a pip in one of the eggs then before you know it.. you'll be over-run with babies!

5. ChickenWin

ChickenWin New Egg

Apr 25, 2009
    D'Hanis
    LOL Thanks...We are looking forward to being over ran with baby chicks, already have 5 newborn baby Rex Rabbits, and waiting on Bloodhound puppies! Should make for some fun times around here!

6. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    well, i am deffa keeping high hopes for you!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Goodluck they will come soon enough.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  8. Mike Fuson

Mike Fuson Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    Temperature can affect the hatch rate. I read somewhere the other day that an incubator set 2 degrees higher during a certain 7 days would speed the hatching by 5 hours, but in the wrong seven days would cause birth defects. I have had eggs to hatch on the 23rd day. Good luck.

9. ChickenWin

ChickenWin New Egg

Apr 25, 2009
    D'Hanis
    Well I think if I dont have anything by monday I might just call it a loss and just go back to the peeper keeper and buy chick's.....but am really hopeful that at least one outta them will hatch! [​IMG]

10. MaranDude

MaranDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    On my Computer
    Just keep holding out. All of mine died on my first incubation which was a month ago but I drowned them with high humidity. So it's okay give them a little and see! Good luck![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by