November 22: "Hatch Finished" Now with PIC'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k2chickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
New Castle, Indiana
Well i had some replacement eggs sent in the mail to me yesterday. I have also collect some of my "Top Secret" Cross breed eggs over the last week from my newly laying pullet as well. I originally wanted to join the Thanksgiving hatch thread, but withdrew because if i wait any longer...the hatch rate on my egg's will be next to none.

So if you want to officially join...just let me know what breeds and how many eggs you are hatching and i will add you to the list! I will start it off..

Day 14 we will have a "Viable" Report as well and i will update the list accordingly

asylum11-5 Mille Fleur D'Uccle's, 8 "Top Secret" Cross eggs: After Lockdown: 11 Viable
Cherlyn-12 Light Sussex's, 6 Grocery Store Eggs: After locdown: 12 Viable
rarebreedeggs4u-Partridge Penedesencas, Wheaten Penedesencas, Barred Bantam Cochins, Sermas, Cochins for a friend: Total set/???
bigdawg-12 barred rocks, 2 RIR crosses, 9 white silkies, 2 Turken's: Total set/25
abooth- 14 assorted silkies and 1 mixed: After Lockdown: 9 Viable
kooltex-100 bob white quail: After lockdown: 67 viable
framing fowl 10 mutt eggs under a broody hen: Total set/10
Sillystunt-Maran mutt mixes: Total set/???
intenschk- Egyptain Hen sitting on a clutch of eggs fertilized by a Silver laced Polish Roo: Total set/5
neferset- An OLD OEGB egg: Total set/1

Last edited by a moderator:
Due on the 22nd here. Set 12 light sussex and on a whim, six grocery-store eggs.
smile.png

~Cherlyn

Quote:
grocery store eggs!!!! how freakin cool is that!
smile.png
ive allways wanted to see if someone could hatch some. I've heard stories...but i would love to be present for a hatch...even if it's through my computer screen. How exciting, i will get you added to the list here shortly. Did you set today?

my eggs are in. pluging in the bator tonight. eggs are 12 partridge rock/barred rock.... 3 white leghorn/rhode island red 9 white sikies. hoping for more sikie eggs tonight.depends on the girls. and two turken eggs update finish filling the bator with 16 red sex link/ rhode island red eggs

Last edited:
Quote:
grocery store eggs!!!! how freakin cool is that!
smile.png
ive allways wanted to see if someone could hatch some. I've heard stories...but i would love to be present for a hatch...even if it's through my computer screen. How exciting, i will get you added to the list here shortly. Did you set today?

There's a few people on this board who have hatched grocery store eggs. I thought I found a source of mail order Chino Valley fertile eggs, but it turned out to be a sample website. I heard if they are close to their packing dates, it's ok, but more than a week or so, not really.

My grocery store has cage free and free range (I checked) but there is no indication of any roosters in the flock on the egg boxes. I've been wanting to get some of the eggs from the local veggie stand and check to see if they are fertile. With our girls not laying at all presently (even Buffy appears to have taken the weekend off or she's moved her nest), it may be the perfect time. I could make a bunch of fresh pasta and check the yolks on the eggs.

My eggs are probably going to be on the Thanksgiving hatch, by mere chance. I didn't know when Thanksgiving was.

I put mine in tonight :) I didn't count~LOL I set the Partridge Penedesencas, Wheaten Penedesencas, Barred Bantam Cochins, SERAMAS!!!! and some Cochins for a friend.

I really do not think anything will come of these particular store-bought eggs - they were packed 8 days before setting. Oh well, worth a shot.
smile.png

And I set the light sussex on Halloween, and the store-boughts the morning after.

~Cherlyn

Back
Top Bottom