November egg swappers post here!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shelleyd2008, Nov 25, 2008.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    This is for the people that participated in the November egg swap!! (and any one else who wants to join in [​IMG] )
    Post your candling and hatching successes here!!

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Most of us should have hatched by now. So how did it go?

I didn't have anything happen with my button eggs [​IMG] They didn't develop at all. I think it might have gotten too cold for them. I believe it was snowing the day they got here. [​IMG]

Ok, now everyone else's turn!!

3. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    My Showgirl eggs are due tomorow, but I don't have much hope. At first, they looked good, but when I candled to move to the hatcher, it looks like the air cells are broken. I had 10 of 12 that started to develop, but as of today, I am down to just 4 possibles. I'll give them some time, but my Buff Brahma Bantams I put in at the same time are all pipped....not good for the SG. But it was fun trying.

4. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got 4 out of 9 eggs to hatch.Not bad [​IMG]

5. ugly ducky

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    Update: 1 Silkie has hatched...no other pips. Isn't this one a cutie? These were supposed to be white Showgirls, but I don't think so. Anyone do Silkies that can tell me what color it will end up?
    [​IMG]

6. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I need to get pictures. I had 3 hatch from mine. A bluish toned chick and two black toned chicks with rust cheeks. They are already feathering in some. I'll see if I can get a picture or two. If my batteries are already dead then I won't be able to.

7. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Who ever it was who sent the eggs, I am sorry. I think I cooked the babies. I had the incubator set at 100 degrees, close as I could come to 99.5 without a digital thermometer, then I noticed they went down, so I turned up the heat....no no no.....then it was alot higher so I turned it down.....OMG. Closer inspection of my incubator reveals what I did wrong.
    near the knob where it says Decrease there are very small arrows showing to turn it counter clockwise. Not to turn it clockwise to turn it down. UG...Murderer....I killed em.

I hope the eggs I sent out hatch.

8. ugly ducky

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    itssuzzie....see above 2 posts

9. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    glad to see some people had hatches work out for them. sorry for others. maybe you got in the dec swap and you will have more to put in.

10. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    I got at least two SLW from shelleyd2008 maybe more.. I did a bad thing and put more eggs in the bator and forgot to mark hers. Some were marked so I did know those. I also had some very cold weather here that threw my hatch way off. Only 18 of 42 and some of those had deformities and died. I got 13 babies left so far.
    Lesson learned... never try to hatch in unheated shed in the winter time!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by