November has just started.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Quail_Antwerp, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    and in Walmart the other day they already had up their Christmas tree, had Christmas music playing on the radio, and today in my mail I get their Kids' Holiday Book.....[​IMG]

What happened to Thanksgiving?! It's NOT just a speed bump to Christmas!

[​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Target has their stuff out already too. It gives me heart palpitations seeing it already.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yeah, i noticed that also..they skipped over thanksgiving...

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Same here. walmart, target, and whatever other stores have it up. Its just so you can stock up on presents early. Kind of like brainwashing. Does nayone get free presents on thanksgiving? Nope! just heart burn.

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Wal-Mart here had there stuff out in mid OCTOBER!! I'm so sick of them rushing it every year and it only gets worse and worse!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG]

7. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I absolutely hate it! It so turns me off to Christmas! and we aren't into a lot of material things here, so it just drives me nuts!

My mom and I were looking for some Thanksgiving craft stuff for the kiddos, and they didn't have any!! [​IMG]

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    What gets me mad is there are no thanksgiving songs. Only one from adam sandler.

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I know what you mean. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my two favorite holidays. I love it when the family gets together. [​IMG]

10. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    We just found out they are building a Walmart Super Store in our town. They tried to do this about 6 years ago, and it did not get approved.

I'm not sure if I am happy about this, or mad.

Should I be selfish and happy because it's true that their prices ARE lower than the other stores in this town and they have way better clothes selections than our K-mart or JCPenney?

Or should I stick by my usual world-view and be mad because of all the bad things Walmart does?

sigh. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by