Novice Adoptive Mama of 5 Hens

Rand4mom

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2020
Pandemic is bringing out the self-reliance in me--not to mention that I go back to teaching full-time on Monday (today is Friday). I always do one-last-hurray-mega-project because Summer Break is ending. (Okay, maybe more than one.) And my husband is out-of-town for a week, so I decided we needed some chickens because who wants to go to the store in a pandemic. Plus, it's a seems like a good distraction to the stress. I have a ton of fruit trees and a bunch of bugs that I am hoping some chickens will enjoy cleaning up. I also love to re-purpose items and am building the coop with a bunch of items that need to be made useful again.

Callender Girl

Crowing
Sep 18, 2018
North Central Iowa
Congratulations on joining the world of chicken owners and the BYC community! I admire your desire to be more self reliant and to repurpose materials. I have been trying to rebuild someone's old playhouse on my property and convert it into a garden shed using salvaged stuff.

I don't know whether apricots are dangerous. Sometimes, it's not the fruit itself, it's the pit or seeds. I carefully core any apples I feed to my critters and poultry for that reason.

Good luck with your flock and your coop build! Welcome!!

Top Bottom