Novice Chicken Lover

WanderRight

Hatching
Mar 27, 2016
Michigan
Hello! My name is Rachel. I'm a high schooler who lives in Michigan. I currently have seven hens: 1 Buff Orpington (Persephone), 3 Australorps (Nina, Svenia, and Mikasa), and 3 ISA Browns (Lavender, Carmen, and Coco). My hens are all free range, as we live far from a main road and local crows keep the hawks at bay. I've lost two birds so far (one to a raccoon back when the coop wasn't fully secured, one to a loose dog), but we've fortunately been able to help four who were injured.

I love having chickens; they're so fun and cute, and nothing beats fresh eggs on Saturday morning. I'm hoping to learn some new tips and tricks so that one day I can manage my own flock with a variety of breeds.

welcome-byc.gif
Rachel! Glad to have you! have you checked out the learning center?: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

I like the names you chose for you flock! Have fun on your chicken adventure, and enjoy those fresh eggs!

Last edited:
Hi :welcome Rachel

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear you lost a couple of your birds :hugs It sure is upsetting when flock members are lost. I'm pleased to hear you were able to save your injured birds.
Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. :fl you can keep those predators at bay.

Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Rachel,

Glad you're enjoying your birds.

Thanks for joining us!

Hi Rachel and welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom